85 SX 2018
STEP IN TO THE BIG LEAGUES
Available in BIG WHEEL 19/16 and SMALL WHEEL 17/14.
Big changes are here with the 2018 85 SX. The 2018 KTM 85 SX is a completely new weapon for class supremacy. An all-new model from the ground up, the 85 SX boasts an engine with more power and ridability across the entire rev range and a chassis that allows the rider to use every bit of that power. There is no 85cc machine that is more READY TO RACE than the 2018 KTM 85 SX.
- New engine with improved power and torque vs 2017 model.
- Engine is 77 grams lighter than 2017.
- New cylinder head and all new power valve system which is adjustable.
- New lighter crankshaft with more inertia, optimised balancing for less vibration.
- New diaphram spring cluctch is more compact.
- New crankcases are more compact with shaft arrangement to near centre of gravity.
- New lighter transmission with MX specific gear ratios.
- New chomoly steel frame that half a kg lighter with more torsional rididity.
- New WP AER 43 front air forks with easy trackside adjustment (pump extra), 1kg lighter than 2017.
- New WP Progressive Damping System rear shock.
- New aluminium subframe is lighter and more compact.
- New cooling system with intergrated crankcase cooling, two radiators.
- Radiator protection using the shroud and grill for protection in a crash.
- New bodywork based on fullsize MX.
- New airbox with tool free air filter changes done in seconds.
- High-end EXCEL rims, CNC machined hubs.
1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
SECONDARY GEAR RATIO
Wet, multi-disc clutch, Formula hydraulics
Central Tube Frame, Chrome Molybdenum and aluminium subframe
WP AER 43 Air spring forks
WP PDS monoshock
SUSPENSION TRAVEL (FRONT)
SUSPENSION TRAVEL (REAR)
FRONT BRAKE DISC DIAMETER
REAR BRAKE DISC DIAMETER
1/2 x 5/16"
STEERING HEAD ANGLE
1290 ± 10 mm
TANK CAPACITY (APPROX.)
WEIGHT READY TO RACE (WITHOUT FUEL)